Benefits of PWT membership
Paramedics do a great job and they need to be supported well. We are here for when paramedics need us.
We offer membership for a small monthly contribution of £4 per month paid by standing order. We rely on the contributions from our members to run the service as well as charitable donations. Our services are run by those who have a specialised understanding of the Ambulance staff, many former paramedics and ambulance staff. Currently, we have members from Ambulance Trusts such as London Ambulance Trust, East Midlands Ambulance Trust, South West Ambulance Trust, West Midlands Ambulance Trust and East of England Ambulance Trust.
Membership of the PWT gives you access to:
- A telephone support service ( Open 9-6pm 7 days a week) run by those with a real knowledge of ambulance services. Our welfare line is 0121 2469348, available to members of PWT.
- Access to Counselling and psychotherapy- for individuals and family members. We offer specific therapies from our 200, especially trained therapists. The therapies we can offer are EMDR, CBT and Integrative psychotherapy.
- Access to physiotherapy/sports massage for work-related injuries
- A quarterly PWT e-magazine with a focus on interviews and stories from the frontline, welfare information and support
- 2 CPD days a year focusing on self-care (Mindfulness, reducing anxiety, yoga days, understanding difficult relationships at work, massage days)
- Small, discretionary, grants for one-off events too with individuals or a family’s well-being
All the above services are fully funded by your monthly membership fee. Be part of a supportive community, join the PWT today.
( Paramedic, Northwest ambulance trust)